ORIS Launches ProPilot X Calibre 400 Laser at Dubai Watch Week !
An Accessible Time-Only Watch with an Innovative Dial created using Laser Technology.
Dubai Watch Week: 16th-20th November 2023.
Oris – the Holstein, Switzerland, based Watchmaker – has chosen Dubai Watch Week (DWW) to launch their ProPilot X Calibre 400 Laser. Five important aspects define Oris.
– They only make mechanical timepieces.
– Founded in 1904, they are proud of their history and heritage. This keep this in mind when designing new movements and watch designs, and they ensure an Oris timepiece is ‘built to last and provide a lifetime of enjoyment.’
– They adhere to the ‘Swiss Made’ brand, protected by law, and ensure their timepieces are ‘quality controlled to the highest standards throughout the manufacturing process.’
– They are innovative and genuine. They constantly strive ‘to make better watches that offer beautiful, innovative functions and advanced performance levels.’
– They are an independent company, which means they are not answerable to shareholders and investors, and they are free to chart their own path.
The ORIS ProPilot X Calibre 400 Laser is a conventional three-hander with a unique dial. In Oris’s own words, this timepiece is ‘a technological beauty, a version of the ProPilot X Calibre 400 with a shimmering dial produced using an innovating lasering technique never applied in watchmaking before.’ ‘It’s based on the principles of biomimicry, specifically a phenomenon found in nature called optical interference. This means that red light waves are destroyed, while blue and green waves are reflected. Its barely believable, but there is not one drop of colour pigment in this watch’s dial.’
Laser technology is responsible for everything on the dial. This includes the logo, indices, minutes track, and dial text, for which another laser process has been used, ‘that creates a three-dimensional effect, so that it almost looks as if these elements have been applied in the conventional style.’ Richard ‘Ipy’ Siegrist – who joined Oris four years ago as a product development engineer – oversaw the development of this phenomenal dial in partnership with a research lab affiliated to ETH Zurich.
Case and Movement:
The ORIS ProPilot X Calibre 400 Laser has a titanium case, bezel and crown, and a multi-piece titanium metal bracelet with a folding clasp. The case has a diameter of 39 mm. The hour and minute hands are filled with black Super-LumiNova. Water resistance is 10 bar or 100 metres.
Oris automatic Calibre 400 powers this timepiece. It’s functions are hours, minutes, centre seconds, with a fine-timing device and stop-second. It has 21 jewels, beats at 28,800 vibrations per hour or 4 Hz, and has a power reserve of 120 hours. It’s accuracy is within -3/+5 seconds a day, considered within COSC tolerances. It is highly anti-magnetic. And It is visible through a sapphire caseback.
Reference: 01 400 7778 7150-07 7 20 01TLC
Swiss Retail Price: CHF 4,800.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in